- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through our Site(s);
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
To learn about what kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control read our security statement, below.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card numbers. We do not request sensitive information from our visitors, such as social security numbers. To review your personal information and request corrections you may contact our development department by emailing email@example.com, calling 703-236-1200 or writing to Counterpart Communications Department, Counterpart International, 2345 Crystal Dr., Suite 301, Arlington, VA 22202.
Use of Information:
The information you supply will be used by Counterpart to respond to your inquiries or supply you with information on Counterpart. Authorized third parties may be used by Counterpart to collect, track and process such information. It may be necessary, if required by law or if pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations, to release your personally identifiable information. If you have submitted personal information to Counterpart and would like it removed or modified, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 703-236-1200 or writing to Counterpart Communications Department, Counterpart International, 2345 Crystal Dr., Suite 301, Arlington, VA 22202. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
Donor and Supporter Information:
Counterpart maintains personal information on our donors and supporters in order to fulfill benefits and meet state and federal disclosure regulations governing nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations. At this time we do not share donor and supporter information with outside organizations. You may request that Counterpart not trade your information by emailing email@example.com, calling 703-236-1200 or writing to Counterpart Communications Department, Counterpart International, 2345 Crystal Dr., Suite 301, Arlington, VA 22202.
Internet Protocol Address:
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of “Cookies”:
Counterpart International goes to great lengths to protect the confidentiality and integrity of any personal information you share with us over the Internet. All information provided to Counterpart is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Counterpart. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Counterpart will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. Counterpart stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Other Web Sites:
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which Counterpart has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
These are procedures are for external Web sites that want to link to counterpart.org and for linking from counterpart.org to external sites.
Linking Procedures: INBOUND
As a general rule, Counterpart International (Counterpart) does not object to links made to its Web sites from other sites. However, there are certain terms and conditions that should be met:
- A link to a Counterpart Web site is permissible using the plain text name of that site (such as counterpart.org) or the plain text name of “Counterpart International.” Unless Counterpart enters into a specific written agreement with the party wishing to link, the use of any of Counterpart’s logos, graphics, photographs, videos, tag lines or trademarks in or with the party’s links is not permitted.
- Counterpart is a nonprofit organization, and therefore, inbound links without specific written consent should not (1) suggest that Counterpart promotes or endorses any third party’s causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services or (2) use Counterpart’s content for publicity, promotion, advertising or in any other commercial manner.
- Counterpart, whether affiliated or not with the linking organization, is not responsible for the content on the linking organization’s Web site. Because of content updates, which are the nature of the Internet, we request that inbound links be made primarily to our home page. There are exceptions to this and those cases should be discussed with the web manager, written approval is required.
- We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
- Questions about these guidelines should be addressed to the Counterpart Communications Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linking Procedures: OUTBOUND
Counterpart is a nonprofit organization, and as such, without an express written agreement, we do not list or present links in a way that suggest that Counterpart promotes or endorses any third party’s causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services, on those sites.
- Linking to the Web site of a partner or affiliate is permitted. Because of content updates, which are the nature of the Internet, such links are primarily made to the home pages of partner sites.
- We use a “Counterpart Thanks Supporters Like:” link to inform the public of, and express gratitude for, a partner’s or affiliate’s support.
- For partners and affiliates that actively participate/support rail-trail activities, we may integrate a link within the text that describes the partner/affiliate’s contribution to the activity or project.
- Any questions, requests or comments, including whether a Web site involves political or lobbying activity, should be directed to: email@example.com.
Online Refund Policy
In the event that your purchase or donation to Counterpart was charged to your credit card or paid by check in error or without your permission, Counterpart will honor your request to cancel the original transaction and refund your payment in full, as long as the request is made within ninety days of the original transaction, and in the case of merchandise, the merchandise is returned.
If your original payment was made by credit card, the period of ninety days will begin from the transaction processing date. If payment was made by check, the period of ninety days will begin from the date the check was written. Counterpart reserves the right to revise this policy at any time.
Contacting the Web Site:
ATTN: Communications Department
2345 Crystal Dr., Suite 301
Arlington, VA 22202
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org