At some point in your career you will be asked to facilitate a group discussion or learning event. This might be something as simple as leading a staff meeting or as challenging as designing and facilitating a multi-day strategic planning process. Perhaps you have already been a facilitator and would like to improve your skills.
This unique, highly participatory, four-day workshop will help you become a better, more inclusive leader—one who promotes new ideas and makes others feel included. It combines key elements of WLI’s renowned women’s leadership program with its highly-acclaimed skills trainings. Our dynamic, supportive environment provides a place for you to learn, practice new skills, and receive immediate feedback from your peers and trainers. You will receive:
- Confidence-building strategies to lead more effectively;
- An assessment of personal learning styles and facilitation strategies for each style;
- A solid theoretical foundation on principles and concepts of adult learning and participatory facilitation methods—bedrock skills that can be applied to any context;
- Trusted techniques, tips, and tactics to manage various group dynamics and other challenging situations; and
- The opportunity to practice on-camera and reﬁne skills based on constructive feedback from experts and peers.
DATES: Tuesday, April 2 – Friday, April 5, 2019
TIME: 9 am – 5 pm
LOCATION: Counterpart International, 2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 301, Arlington, VA, 22202
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 22, 2019