Location: San Salvador, El Salvador
Practice Area: Communications
Reporting to: Communications Specialist
Date: January 2020
Counterpart International (CPI) is currently seeking for a Public Relations and Logistics Campaign Intern (PRLCI) to carry out activities related to the National Youth Campaign that will be implemented on March 2020. Additionally, this position is will report to the Communications Specialist and is expected to work closely with the Designer and Social Media Campaign Coordinator (DSMC) and serve as the primary point of contact for campaign logistics. This is a 3 months locally based internship; Salvadoran citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the Communications Specialist, the incumbent is expected to contribute to:
- Help with outreach to stakeholders for participation and promotion of the “National Youth Campaign.”
- Create fundraising strategies and search for potential sponsors.
- Coordinate all Campaign logistical aspects.
- Manage interviews and media coverage for the promotion of events.
- Work closely with the DSMC to disseminate the Campaign’s messages.
- Assist with the preparation and logistics of events.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the Campaign´s implementation.
- Research, develop and maintain a list of radio and television outlets´ contacts.
- Monitor, analyze, and synthesize developments, press clippings and reports regarding the Campaign.
- Participate in meetings, take notes, and draft memos.
- Other activities as assigned by the team.
- Senior student or undergraduate with a Bachelor´s degree in Public
Relations, Marketing or related fields;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Writing and/or editing experience for online and/or print publications;
- Knowledge and experience in organizing campaigns/events;
- Multi-media and social media skills;
- Creative open-minded team player with strong initiative and a willingness to learn; and
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural and diverse team.
Contents of Application/Submission Requirements
The following Documents must be included in the application
- Applicant resume (CV).
- Two recommendation letters from previous employers or academic recommendations within the past two years. Please, make sure to include contact information
- Letter of interest.
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 23, 2020.
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.counterpart.org